Information for patients who have Diabetes during this time of Covid-19 (Coronavirus).
In line with Government advice, The Castle Medical Group and all GP practices in Clitheroe, Slaidburn, Sabden and Whalley have reduced face to face contact with patients to reduce the risk of spreading the viral illness COVID 19 (Coronavirus). For this reason, we have not been arranging face to face reviews with our patients. However, we very much want to support you over this difficult period, and our doctors and nurses are available for advice over the telephone and we can also arrange video consultations. If, following assessment, we feel our patients need a face to face assessment then we can arrange this. We are currently conducting face to face appointments at Clitheroe Community Hospital.
You will have read information that certain groups of patients are at increased risk from Covid-19 and this includes patients with diabetes. The best ways to look after yourself are to:
• Maintain social distancing or shielding as appropriate and follow the guidelines re handwashing and reducing the risk of infection in general.
• Try to keep blood sugars stable by reducing stress, eating well and regularly and sleeping well.
• If you test blood sugars, do this regularly.
• If you have any concerns about your diabetes, please contact the practice.
• If you develop a fever, shortness of breath or dry cough and you are concerned about these symptoms, please contact the Covid-19 Service via 111.
Below are links to some information which gives further guidance on what to do if you become unwell, and you have Diabetes.